Installing vpn client.exe on windows 7 enterprise it is giving below drastic error that nobody is able to solve and install and saying reinstall OS. RRS feed

• Question

• I was using successfully vpn client on windows 7 enterprise OS, suddenly moving files from one drive to another drive it(vpn client) got corrupted, I installed again, but it is showing an error as"Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows installer package". A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personal. Action InstallVista7Adapterdriver32, location c:\windows\installer\MSIAAD7.tmp. Command: install " C:\program files\extranet access\network \drivers\adapter32\netntva.inf"NT_NvcA.

I performed "Run as administrator", but nothing happened.

deleted tmp files but nothing happened.

Please help ASAP.

Monday, September 19, 2011 10:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Since xean VPN client is not the product of Microsoft, I suggest to contact xean forum for further help:

http://xena.yuku.com/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by danielb24 Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Thursday, September 29, 2011 9:26 AM
    Monday, September 26, 2011 1:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What VPN client did you want to install?

Please remove this VPN client totally in program and features, and delete the related registry. Then logon with Clean Boot an reinstall this program it again.

Also try to restart Windows Installer service for test.

If the issue persists, the installation package may corrupted. Copy another installation package and install it to check the result.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:51 AM
  • Using xean client.
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 8:21 PM
  • Hi,

Since xean VPN client is not the product of Microsoft, I suggest to contact xean forum for further help:

http://xena.yuku.com/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

• Proposed as answer by danielb24 Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Thursday, September 29, 2011 9:26 AM
    Monday, September 26, 2011 1:25 AM