Voice Calls from Communicator for Mobile RRS feed

• Question

• Can I Make a Voice calls from communicator for Mobile?
    Friday, August 20, 2010 1:27 PM

Answers

• If you mean VoIP calls, then no.  If your OCS infrastructure has a Mediation server and is connected to the PSTN then yes.  The Windows Mobile version of communicator mobile allows you to make "Communicator calls" or "Call via work".  When you select this, it signals back to the OCS infrastructure and OCS calls your cell phone back and also calls the other person.  This makes it look like you are calling from your work number.  But this call is over the cell network.  You cannot do VoIP over wifi or otherwise.
    Tim Harrington - Catapult Systems - http://HowDoUC.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by Neo2610 Friday, August 20, 2010 1:49 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Neo2610 Friday, August 20, 2010 1:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by Neo2610 Friday, August 20, 2010 1:50 PM
    Friday, August 20, 2010 1:33 PM

All replies

• If you mean VoIP calls, then no.  If your OCS infrastructure has a Mediation server and is connected to the PSTN then yes.  The Windows Mobile version of communicator mobile allows you to make "Communicator calls" or "Call via work".  When you select this, it signals back to the OCS infrastructure and OCS calls your cell phone back and also calls the other person.  This makes it look like you are calling from your work number.  But this call is over the cell network.  You cannot do VoIP over wifi or otherwise.
    Tim Harrington - Catapult Systems - http://HowDoUC.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by Neo2610 Friday, August 20, 2010 1:49 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Neo2610 Friday, August 20, 2010 1:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by Neo2610 Friday, August 20, 2010 1:50 PM
    Friday, August 20, 2010 1:33 PM
  • Tim,

i tried to configure Call via Work,but, this option is always disable; join to conference work good, but call via work not. do you have any additional informacion?

Roberto Infantas M:.

rinfantas@ingenium-corp.com

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 2:46 PM
  • What version of CoMo on what version of Win Mobile? I seem to remember something in the release notes for the latest version about adding Call via Work support for WM6.5.

If it helps any, it's working for me on a HTC TP2 running 6.5 with CoMo 3.5.6906.29.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 6:06 AM