Event ID 5004 McLogEvent Error RRS feed

• Question

• On my work computer i was running windows XP pro and i use McAfee SonicWall for an anti-virus program. i installed Windows Vista Business yesterday and now my sonicwall wont enable. i keep getting application errors in my event viewer as follows --- "Event 5004 McLogEvent -- Could not contact Filter Driver. Error = 0x2 : The system cannot find the file specified."

Sometimes my McAfee decides to turn on, but most of the time its off and flooding my event viewer with this error. Please help!! I just want it on!!!

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 5:32 PM

All replies

• no takers? Sad
    Friday, June 8, 2007 9:59 PM
  • I ran into this issue with Server 2003(x64), after upgrading to ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0.  The agent updated, but AV & AS would not.  I kept getting repeating installs and uninstalls with Application event error 5004... hundreds of them over night.

I was able to cheat the ePO installer by manually installing teh AV module after the the failure and uninstall.  ePO seemed to acknowledge it as its attempt and registered it.  The compliance profiler and AS modules loaded shortly afterward.  I had to reboot for the shield to load, but I am now good to go.
       BTW - Network Associates (McAfee) thinks it is a Microsoft issue...
    Friday, January 2, 2009 7:02 PM