none
hyper v could not replicate changes for virtual machine because Replica server refused the connection. This may be because there is a pending replication operation in the replica server for the same virtual machine which is taking longer then expected

Question

• Hi,

I have some HyperV VMs thats running fine for a while, then today I see "critical" in the replication Health. Resuming it didn't help and it fails again. Then I removed the replication both on the primary host and on the replica server, deleted the replica and also the Virtual harddisk. Then I reenabled replication on those VMs, which initially seemed to work fine. I see "sending initial replica 2% and then soon fails with critical message.  In the Logs , " HyperV could not replicate changes for virtual machine. operation timed out 0x00002EE2".  The subsequent messages after it retries is " hyper v could not replicate changes for virtual machine because Replica server refused the connection. This may be because there is a pending replication operation in the replica server for the same virtual machine which is taking longer then expected"

So things I've done/checked:

1) deleted the replicas and their virtual harddisk

2) removed firewalls on both hosts

3) restarted WMI service and HyperV Virtual Machine management

4) cleared dns cache

5) Checked the date and time on both Hosts are correct and are the same

6) Plenty of diskspace available on the replica server

7) More than enough bandwidth.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Friday, February 24, 2017 8:25 PM

All replies

• Hi TRCTechOps,

Are there any other applications running on the host?

I have seen posts of similar issue, caused by network connection.

How are the two hosts connected to each other? Are there any physical network devices between them blocking the traffic?

>>7) More than enough bandwidth.

How about the network speed when you copy files between them?

Besides, which option did you use to send the initial replica?

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 27, 2017 2:20 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any updates?

You could mark the reply as answer if it is helpful. 

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 9, 2017 12:09 PM