Using Netscaler to replace wap servers RRS feed

• Question

• I am in the process of redoing our entire ADFS configuration.  Right now I'm working on getting our wap servers replaced my first thought process was to build out two wap servers than load balance them using our Netscaler's.  However, from what I've found it seems that the Netscaler is actually being used to replace wap servers. I would like to know if you replace your wap servers with Netscaler is that a supported configuration?   Also, there seems to be two ways of accomplishing this the first one involves using the Netscaler's AAA feature which is part of the advanced and platinum license. The other way is using URL rewrite which comes with the standard edition.  So if anyone is doing this please let me know your thoughts.

• Edited by OSU75 Sunday, March 10, 2019 3:22 PM
    Sunday, March 10, 2019 3:20 PM

All replies

• As of today, only BigIP F5 is supported replacement for WAP servers.

To be a supported replacement, the product has to comply with: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/openspecs/windows_protocols/MS-ADFSPIP/76deccb1-1429-4c80-8349-d38e61da5cbb 

If not, some features will be broken. 

You can use NetScaler to load balance your WAP and ADFS servers, but not to replace them.

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 4:28 PM