how can i set a user permissions to add users to the site members group? RRS feed

• Question

• how can i set a user permissions to add users to the site members group?

i defined a user as the owner of the site members group, but he doesn't see the "site permissions" in site settings?

keren tsur

Thursday, February 9, 2012 10:28 AM

Answers

• The user needs this permission level:

Manage Permissions - Create and change permission levels on the Web site and assign permissions to users and groups.

You can create a custom permission level and select the above option. Go to the top level of the site, site actions, site permissions and permission levels.

Blog: www.jasperoosterveld.com Twitter: @JasITConsultant

Thursday, February 9, 2012 10:48 AM

All replies

• What permission level does the user have on the site?

ceren

Thursday, February 9, 2012 10:45 AM
  • The user needs this permission level:

Manage Permissions - Create and change permission levels on the Web site and assign permissions to users and groups.

You can create a custom permission level and select the above option. Go to the top level of the site, site actions, site permissions and permission levels.

Blog: www.jasperoosterveld.com Twitter: @JasITConsultant

Thursday, February 9, 2012 10:48 AM
  • I set that - but how can i confirm that the use only can expand the site members group, and not give himself full control permission...?

keren tsur

Monday, February 13, 2012 11:50 AM
  • You test it.

Either use a dummy account or ask him to test it with you.

Steven Andrews | SharePoint Professional | http://www.twitter.com/backpackerd00d | https://baron72.wordpress.com/

Monday, February 13, 2012 4:17 PM
    Answerer
  • Sure we do but we are looking for the best practice, since i guess it's a common situation that you want someone to own a group and add members, and it has to be at the site level
    (not a doc library level) - but he needs a UI to access and edit the group members...

keren tsur

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:19 AM