none
Where can I set active window title bar color in Registry?

Question

• Having a number application windows open in Windows 10 it's very hard to tell the window which is active because they all look the same.

Although I can set the  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors\ActiveTitle  value in the registry, it doesn't seem to be handled by Windows 10.

What is required to have Windows 10 recognize that setting? Or, what's the alternative approach for giving another, disctinct color to the active window title bar?

Still people out there alive using the keyboard?

Working with SQL Server/Office and their poor keyboard support they seem extinct...

Sunday, March 13, 2016 9:58 AM

Answers

• It's working now!

It's indeed the  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM\ColorPrevalence  registry value that's controlling the active window's title bar/border color.

Thanks for pointing me to there!

Working with SQL Server/Office and their poor keyboard support they seem extinct...

• Marked as answer by BetterToday Sunday, March 13, 2016 6:51 PM
    • Edited by BetterToday Sunday, March 13, 2016 7:02 PM
    Sunday, March 13, 2016 6:43 PM

All replies

• Right-click Desktop, click Personalize

Click Colors tab

Choose the color

Enable "show color on start, taskbar..."

Does that work?

The relevant settings are stored here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM

To change the color for inactive title bars, set the value for "AccentColorInactive"

Its stored as BGR (reverse of RGB) color values

Ramesh Srinivasan  |  The Winhelponline Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2016 2:18 PM
  • This suggested setting doesn't affect the active window's title bar, I'm afraid.

Sunday, March 13, 2016 2:24 PM
  • May be you can try turning it off and then back On. Doing so resets the ColorPrevalence registry value.

And, do you have "Automatically pick and accent color...." enabled? If so, disable it and select the color from the palette.

Ramesh Srinivasan  |  The Winhelponline Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2016 3:05 PM
  • It's working now!

It's indeed the  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM\ColorPrevalence  registry value that's controlling the active window's title bar/border color.

Thanks for pointing me to there!

• Marked as answer by BetterToday Sunday, March 13, 2016 6:51 PM
    • Edited by BetterToday Sunday, March 13, 2016 7:02 PM
    Sunday, March 13, 2016 6:43 PM