sequencing IE with multiple Adobe add-ons RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

i've just sequenced IE with Java which works fine, I'm now looking to sequence IE with Adobe Flash Player, Shockwave Player, Air and Balsamiq

Can these all be installed at the same time, pointing back to C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe ? or do i need individual versions ?

thanks

Glyn

Wednesday, September 2, 2009 8:48 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Yes this works fine, a second way todo it would be to tie them together using DSC.

/Znack
    • Marked as answer by Glyn Owen Wednesday, September 2, 2009 9:25 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Glyn Owen Wednesday, September 2, 2009 9:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Glyn Owen Wednesday, September 2, 2009 9:28 AM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 8:53 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Yes this works fine, a second way todo it would be to tie them together using DSC.

/Znack
    • Marked as answer by Glyn Owen Wednesday, September 2, 2009 9:25 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Glyn Owen Wednesday, September 2, 2009 9:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Glyn Owen Wednesday, September 2, 2009 9:28 AM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 8:53 AM
  • thanks for another quick answer, much appreciated
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 9:28 AM
  • Hi

can anyone give me some pointers on sequencing Flash Player and ShockWave. I have Air and Balsamiq working fine but I'm having issues with the other two

When I try and sequence Flash it seems to be breaking the installer, this takes upto 5 minutes to complete rather than the usual 30 seconds, when I test by going to the Adobe Flash Player page I get prompted to download and install. I've tried to install from an MSI and an EXE file with no success.

Shockwave seems to install OK but again I get prompted to install when visiting the web page to test

thanks

Glyn
    Monday, September 7, 2009 7:45 AM
  • Hi Glyn,

I am looking to Sequence IE6 and understood that you couldn't sequence a application that was tied to the OS (eg IE). From your thread it looks like you have been able to sequence IE. Are you able to provide me with any information on how to do this in AppV.

thanks

Peter
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 3:14 AM
  • Hi Peter

you are correct as far as I know with IE being tied to the OS

I followed the following Full trial guide from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AA787491-8D08-4D2F-8960-9E9F00226C7E&displaylang=en

this has a section for sequencing Java so it uses the local iexplore.exe

Sequencing the Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE) for Internet Explorer

This section walks you through creating a virtual environment for Windows Internet Explorer with the Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE). The Sun Java Console will appear only in a virtualized copy of Internet Explorer, and will not be installed in the local Internet Explorer. Because Internet Explorer is part of the operating system, we will point to the local Internet Explorer executable file on each Microsoft Application Virtualization client, and apply the changes within the virtual environment on top of the local environment.

I have just done the following with Adobe Shockwave and Flash and they seem to work fine as well

thanks

Glyn
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 6:28 AM
  • CSS has a solution for running IE7 and IE8 on XP as well as running IE6 on Windows 7 all using Microsoft App-V Technology and NOT Med-V. However this solution is not supported by Microsoft and only is supported by CSS

You can contact them at 877-715-5448

http://www.css-security.com/contactus.html

Thursday, August 5, 2010 3:26 AM