SCOM 2012 not seeing cluster shared volume but showing in disk health RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I hope people can help shed some light on my issue.

I want to use SCOM 2012 to monitor cluster shared volume which has virtual disks used as mount points between 2 servers to make up the clusters shared disks.

Now what i have is SCOM had found the disks under cluster disks health but it can't find anything under cluster shared volume disk capacity, can anyone advise why this is and what i can do to get disk space information for my cluster shared volumes.

Thursday, April 4, 2013 8:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, the cluster shared volume should be discovered. Please ensure you have imported the latest version of the MP and check the configurations referring to the MP guide:

System Center Management Pack for Windows Server Operating System

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=9296

In addition, please check the Event Log on the servers and see if there are any related errors.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, April 5, 2013 4:56 AM
  • I checked the management pack i have it seems correct although i didnt see anything for R2 so i see windows server 2008 operating system monitoring but nothing for R2 is this correct?

I also double checked my management pack and it's the latest version.

I've checked the event logs for both the SCOM management server and the cluster and can see no errors.

Only thing i havent done is the config of the management pack which i'm unsure to do, i havent chnaged any settings for the management pack such as overides etc and so the default settings should pick it up but it doesnt.

Friday, April 5, 2013 9:30 AM