Unauthorised : Authorisation failed. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I'm facing an error during logon in Lync Server Control panel.

But When i check the AD directory replication using AD replication status tool, I get replication success(all the time).
    But most of the time i get Log on failure problem in LYNC CSCP.

Below workarounds i have tried so far which didn't worked for me:
    1. Reinstalled Silverlight.
    2. Added new user in CSAdministrator group and tried.
    3. checked the proxy settings(nothing blocks it)
    Kindly someone help me on this.

Best Regards,
    Arun
    Monday, September 8, 2014 2:20 PM

All replies

• Are you getting a pop up prompt to authenticate, or does it take you right to that screen when you attempt co connect?

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

Monday, September 8, 2014 2:28 PM
  • Hi Anthony,

Lync client 2010 prompts sometimes to connect to address book.
    somehow i have managed to fix it.
    But still cannot synchronize address book information.
    Now the major problem is, when i try to login to Lync Cscp to enable a new user for lync i could not login.
    I face this issue Unauthorized: Authorization failed issue.

Regards,
    Arun
    Monday, September 8, 2014 2:43 PM
  • When you attempt to connect to the CSCP, does it prompt you for credentials?  Are you attempting this from your workstation or from a Lync front end server?

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

Monday, September 8, 2014 2:45 PM
  • Yes it prompts for credentials.
    I have tried in both workstation and Lync Front-end server.
    Even after providing valid credentials , still the problem persist.

Regards,
    Arun

Monday, September 8, 2014 2:52 PM
  • Can you access Lync from the Lync Management Shell?  Is anything recorded in the Lync or application event logs when you attempt to authenticate?

Monday, September 8, 2014 3:02 PM
  • Check that you start the SQL Browser Service on the Lync Front End. Also check if you have any error related to this issue in event viewer.

Also you can check below links

http://blog.ucmadeeasy.com/2011/07/29/cannot-login-to-lync-control-panel-unauthorized-authorization-failed/

http://demagnum.wordpress.com/2012/04/24/unauthorized-authorization-failed-lync-control-panel/

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer" Mai Ali | My blog: Technical | Twitter: Mai Ali

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 10:42 AM
  • You can check browsing cscp from IIS virtual directory in Lync Front End Server, whether you are able to browse or not.

I faced same issue as your error message, There was disconnect between Front End Server and Database server. Verify the connection and Sync status of Lync Database server.

Perform Ping to Database Server to check if it reachable from Front End Server.

Perform Telnet from Lync Front End to Database server IP with ports 1434, 1433 if opened or not.

Login to SQL Server RTC database instance, check if all databases are created and you are able to browse through each DB.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 11:03 AM
  • Hi Baasky,

I have my Lync Front-End and database server hosted in the same machine.
    I could browse the website from IIS without any issue's but could not login.
    I face the error Unauthorised- Authorization failed.

Kind Regards,
    Arun
    Thursday, September 11, 2014 5:54 AM
  • Check that you start the SQL Browser Service on the Lync Front End. Also check if you have any error related to this issue in event viewer.

Also you can check below links

http://blog.ucmadeeasy.com/2011/07/29/cannot-login-to-lync-control-panel-unauthorized-authorization-failed/

http://demagnum.wordpress.com/2012/04/24/unauthorized-authorization-failed-lync-control-panel/

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer" Mai Ali | My blog: Technical | Twitter: Mai Ali

Hi Mai Ali,
    The required services are all started.
    SQL RTC instance and SQl browser service.
    In the event logs, I don't see any errors based on the SQL.
    I got two events occurred frequently.

Another one is

Kind Regards,
    Arun
    Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:10 AM