none
Migration from One O365 tenant to another O365 without third party RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Team,

We have customer who is looking for large migration from one O365 tenant to another , we are talking about migrating about 10k users , we don't want to use a third party tool,

We know about a TechNet article that say you can do it manually ,

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/How-to-migrate-mailboxes-from-one-Office-365-tenant-to-another-65af7d77-3e79-44d4-9173-04fd991358b7?ui=en-US&rs=en-GB&ad=GB

But we would like to do it manually using scripts , need some ideas to that out of the box, which also efficient and fast,

Also as we understand any third party would pick the data from one tenant and put to another,

Looking forward,

Hasan Reza,

• Changed type Hasan Reza Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:05 PM
    Thursday, November 17, 2016 7:01 AM

Answers

All replies

• Appreciate your response Philip,

I am in dire need of help , I have huge tenant to tenant migration, and every one just keeps on asking me to do it using third party ,

Frankly, coming from scripting and programming background , I have managed to do some real complex migration like Domino to Exchange 2013/Office365, Rackspace to Office365 , Gmail to Office 365 ,

All using the native MS native tools and PowerShell,

I just don’t want to do this via any third party , main workloads to be migrated are mailboxes only, and in some cases one drive , no other workloads need to migrate

, I need something out of box , after all any third party app would also be using some kind of multi threaded copy process , forming multiple end points then coping data for each mailbox using these end points,

Please advise, I am sure this will benefit many others like me,

Friday, November 18, 2016 8:17 AM
  • Dear Adam,

I am really thankful to you for the guidance, I am almost there where I have been able to create connect two tenants simultaneously a common endpoint, rest is figuring the download and upload process,

As far as the Solution you have provided I shall also double check that,

As for now it is fingers crossed,

Bye,

Hasan Reza,

• Edited by Hasan Reza Friday, November 18, 2016 4:28 PM
    Friday, November 18, 2016 4:27 PM
  • Dear Adam,

I would like to THANK YOU for the depth of Heart for Showing me the way ,

I cannot tell you how much have you helped me get close to my destination,

Regards,

Hasan Reza,

Saturday, December 10, 2016 5:15 PM
  • Hi Adam!

What exactly this solution can migrate?

there are interesting for me:

Custom pages, views, webparts

Nintex workflow

large list (more than 10k items)

apps

Thursday, November 30, 2017 4:27 PM
  • If you need a migration solution to migrate all your data (mailboxes, SharePoint sites, Google Sites, Google Drive, OneDrive) between Google and Office 365, here is a SAAS solution: Cloudiway. 

It moves the users, groups, contacts, assigns the licenses automatically and migrates the emails, SharePoint sites and OneDrives.

It's worth trying the FREE TRIAL as it will save you time and money.

• Marked as answer by Hasan Reza Friday, October 4, 2019 12:50 PM
    Wednesday, February 14, 2018 9:17 AM
  • hello , 

do you have a pdf or worflow that you might have made while peforming the migration.

Monday, November 5, 2018 10:14 AM