none
Azure API authenticate to SQL Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to add row level security to my SQL Server on Azure. I have an API that authenticated users send their token to to gain access.

What I am trying to do is now use the authentication from the Azure AD to control access to rows in a table.

Does anyone have any documentation to get me to this point? I'm not sure how I link the Authentication token given to the API to access the SQL Server.

THanks.

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 2:20 PM

All replies

• Hi DigiboxUK,

Thanks for your post.

Per your description, I don't know why you connect azure API and SQL Server together. Based on my research, API is just application interface, and we usually use Azure Active Directory Authentication for authentication with SQL.

Or you could submit your doubts to azure forum and see if anyone else comes up with such feature. But on my side, I haven't heard that authentication of such access.

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 7:13 AM