Error code 0xc0000005 on startup RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to turn my computer on, it will not go past the windows start up screen. Rather an error code ( 0xc0000005 ) will pop up instead. Is this fixable? If so....how?

And what caused the problem? So I know how not to repeate it. I know my cat did sit on my computer; though small, did she crush something? Was my computer hacked?

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 3:24 PM

Answers

• The 0xc0000005 error code indicates that an acces violation occurred.

Any information about the program that reported the problem?
    Did look into the Windows Logs ("System" and "Application", above all) in the Event viewer to check for the presence of any record related to this problem?

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    Sunday, July 10, 2011 7:37 PM
  • Hi,

When did this issue begin to occur? If recently, it is suggested to perform system restore at the first place.

It is suggested to update the system driver to the latest version.

In case it is due to conflict caused by third party software upon startup, let us prepare clean boot to troubleshoot.

Http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 9:11 AM

All replies

• The 0xc0000005 error code indicates that an acces violation occurred.

Any information about the program that reported the problem?
    Did look into the Windows Logs ("System" and "Application", above all) in the Event viewer to check for the presence of any record related to this problem?

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    Sunday, July 10, 2011 7:37 PM
  • Hi,

When did this issue begin to occur? If recently, it is suggested to perform system restore at the first place.

It is suggested to update the system driver to the latest version.

In case it is due to conflict caused by third party software upon startup, let us prepare clean boot to troubleshoot.

Http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 9:11 AM