Export to Spreadsheet gives error "Can not get the list schema property from the sharepoint list" RRS feed

• Question

• Not able to export list data to spreadsheet.

Note: I have referred few links where they state it as a problem with datetime column. But I have not used any datetime column in my list. I have "Single line of text", "People & Groups" & "Choice" fields in my list.

Regards,

Sanjay Mungar

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, July 4, 2011 11:48 AM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Monday, July 4, 2011 10:53 AM

Answers

• HI,

I suggest you to follow these steps:

1. Save the list as a template and then restore it as another list in some other site.

2. Check if the error is getting reproduced or not. If not then this is an issue with the site if yes then itcan be the issue with the list template or the content type you are using in the list. 

3. While you produce the error switch to verbose mode of logging to capture the maximum details.

I hope this will help.

Thanks,

Rahul Rashu

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Monday, July 18, 2011 7:48 AM
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 12:06 PM

All replies

• What is the version of Office you are using? 

--Cheers
    Monday, July 4, 2011 11:05 AM
  • Hi Prasath,

Yes i have followed the link. This is also specific to datetime column. Its not working even if I keep "title" field along with "Modified by" field in the default view which i want to export.

Export is not working only for this particular site. everywhere else its working fine. I have MOSS SP2 installed.

Regards,
    Sanjay

Monday, July 4, 2011 11:10 AM
  • I have tried on both office 2003 & 2007 versions. This particular site has the issue which was created a month ago. we have installed SP2 2 years back.

Regards,
    Sanjay

Monday, July 4, 2011 11:20 AM
  • Hi Sanjay,

Did all the lists in this site not able to export list data to spreadsheet or just one list? Would you please try again just with the column type “Single line of text”, using Office 2007?

Please provide more information about the error message in the SharePoint ULS log. The ULS log is located in: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\LOGS.

Thanks, 

Tuesday, July 5, 2011 10:00 AM
  • HI,

I suggest you to follow these steps:

1. Save the list as a template and then restore it as another list in some other site.

2. Check if the error is getting reproduced or not. If not then this is an issue with the site if yes then itcan be the issue with the list template or the content type you are using in the list. 

3. While you produce the error switch to verbose mode of logging to capture the maximum details.

I hope this will help.

Thanks,

Rahul Rashu

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Monday, July 18, 2011 7:48 AM
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 12:06 PM