none
Project Online Reports RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have my instance of Project Online and I can see some pre-loaded Excel based reports in the PWA Reports library - I can also see the Data Connections when I access Site Content. When I try to view the default reports without making any kind of change to them they fail to load or display any data - I thought there might be a problem with the Data Connection files but opening any of them in Excel displays plenty of relevant data.

    I thought I might need to put the correct URL into the OData connection in the Excel files but this looks to be fine too.

    I have experimented by creating new O Data Connections with a connection URL that ends with pwa/_api/projectdata/ and get a dialog box that permits me to select one or more tables of data from the Project Data Source.

    Am I missing something elementary in trying to get what is provided out of the box to display meaningful data?

    Monday, October 24, 2016 5:08 PM

Answers

All replies

  • Hi Dominic,

    Could you please try to Trust the "Azure Analysis Services" as shown in "Trust It".

    And also open the existing report (OOTB) in excel (desktop version) and try to refresh the connection data, and then again save it back to the SharePoint, and close the excel, so that from your next time, you will be able to refresh the data.

    Hope this helps you.



    -SNKBalaji

    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 8:19 AM
  • I have found the following explanation - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/2849667

    However following the instructions I get an error - when entering the App ID 00000009-0000-0000-c000-000000000000 - 

    I was expecting to see Microsoft Azure Analytics Service as per the screen shot in the blog - instead I get Power BI which then renders the remaining instructions redundant and I get an error message if I try to continue.

    For such a fundamental element of the solution why is it so difficult to get this to work?

    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 8:42 AM
  • Thank you for sharing the link, Sometime I am also getting into the issue message, please try with the below one. And one more thing is you have to be Tenant Admin.

    00000009-0000-0000-c000-000000000000

    <AppPermissionRequests>
      <AppPermissionRequest
        Scope = “http://sharepoint/projectserver/reporting” Right=”Read”>
      </AppPermissionRequest> 
      <AppPermissionRequest
        Scope = “http://sharepoint/content/tenant” Right=”FullControl”> 
      </AppPermissionRequest>
    </AppPermissionRequests>

    No idea about that, why to configure it separately. After trusing it, excel refresh worked for me. On that above I have ran refresh from the excel desktop and it got worked.

    Note: Copy the value into notepad and then copy back into the web.


    -SNKBalaji


    • Edited by SNKBALAJI Tuesday, October 25, 2016 9:02 AM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 9:01 AM
    • Proposed as answer by SNKBALAJI Thursday, October 27, 2016 4:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dominic Moss Tuesday, November 1, 2016 1:07 PM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 1:48 PM
    Moderator