none
constant sign in problems RRS feed

• Question

• initially when I booted up Win 10 I got a blank password box which I could click on and then I'd get all of windows .. However, if I am not using the pc for more than a few minutes, I'd have sign in again.  Now I have a sign in which I'm assuming is that I'm signed on to my Windows account.  No problem, EXCEPT, I still have to sign in after a couple of minutes of idle time. This is extremely annoying and a waste of time.  I've been to settings and under the "Require Sign-in" I've chosen, NEVER.  But this makes no difference ...  how do I get rid of this.  do I have to repair win 10 - if so, how.  Also since having Win 10 on my desktop, it will not let me chose chrome as a browser. Edge is ok but don't know anything about it except it will not let Evernote's clipping tool work nor Kaspersky's Password manager work. 

on my lap tops I don't have the same problems - except on one I have the resign in problem

Help!

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 4:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please make sure you haven't check the following checkbox:

On resume, display logon screen

Meanwhile, please also check this:

Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options

Then find the following entry, and ensure it as not defined.

Interactive logon: Machine inactivity limit.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by targetship Wednesday, January 11, 2017 6:18 PM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2017 8:48 AM