Error after update installation Method Method 'Upgrade' in type ... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys after the install of some upgrade i can t access to my SharePoint site and i recive this error

Method 'Upgrade' in type
    'Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowServices.WorkflowServiceApplicationProxy' from
    assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowServices, Version=15.0.0.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' does not have an
    implementation.

Any idea?

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 6:07 PM

Answers

• @gohberto,

I ran into the same problem, and then realized i inadvertently downloaded the SharePoint 2013 Foundation sp1 instead of Server.  After applying the correct SP1, the issue went away.

• Proposed as answer by David Sealy Tuesday, March 18, 2014 6:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by star.wars Sunday, March 23, 2014 3:21 PM
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 6:20 PM

All replies

• Most probably your upgrade did not get clean install. This error shows up if updates get interrupted in middle or do not get installed correctly. Try re installing the update.

sachin

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 6:20 PM
  • I try to reinstall the PU 2767999 the server answer me that the patch is already installed, and it si not possible to unistall the patch !
    Wednesday, March 12, 2014 6:34 PM
  • @gohberto,

I ran into the same problem, and then realized i inadvertently downloaded the SharePoint 2013 Foundation sp1 instead of Server.  After applying the correct SP1, the issue went away.

• Proposed as answer by David Sealy Tuesday, March 18, 2014 6:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by star.wars Sunday, March 23, 2014 3:21 PM
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 6:20 PM
  • Hi Davi Sealy,

We are also facing the same problem. Could you pls let uwkn the correct SP1 url to update. We are not able to uninstall the patches.

Smile Always

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 1:13 AM
  • Same problem here and I do not want to loose the data I have in SharePoint. So uninstall and reinstall is not an option. I'm hoping to wait on Microsoft to come with a fix.

I also do not have a way to uninstall this update. PU 2767999.

How can I force a reinstallation of this update?

Richard Dixon Senior Solutions Archtect ,xMSIT

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 12:18 PM
  • Try clearing configuration cache and use psconfig inplace upgrade command with force attribute, do this in each server in farm

sachin

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 2:04 AM
  • Thanks, I tried this with no luck. Have anyone resolved this yet?

Richard Dixon Senior Solutions Archtect ,xMSIT

Thursday, August 28, 2014 11:28 PM
  • I just ran into this and all I was doing was installing windows patches. No service packs or anything. And two of the KBs mentioned in some of the links below that supposedly casue the issue, were not installed on my server. So, does anyone have any alternative explanations for this error?
    Monday, September 8, 2014 5:41 PM
  • Microsoft has started pushing security updates for SharePoint along with windows update. If you are using automated patching tool , then you should be aware of this. Same thing happened to me. Our automated tool pushed through patches for share point security update that needed SP1 as pre-requisite and our environment didnt have that. So it broke everything in all farms, 5 farms broken all together. What you can do is try to install any new security update . This will restart all the process of patching and make your farm accessible. 

I opened up a support ticket with microsoft so August security update broke my farm so just to fix it i had to install may security update for the shake of restarting the  whole prcoess. If fixed the farm. I eventually ended up installing SP1 any way since security update introduces office 365 tab in central admin and it was broken due to lack of SP1.

hope this helps. 

sachin

Monday, September 8, 2014 5:58 PM
  • Unfortunately I have the same problem now :(

Did you get any answers from Microsoft? If yes, what was the solution?
    Did you install the may update and it fixed the problem, or did you install the may updates, and then installed the latest Windows patches again?
    • Edited by mbses Monday, October 6, 2014 2:33 PM
    Monday, October 6, 2014 2:02 PM