none
Web sites crash IE11 RRS feed

• Question

• Many web sites I visit daily cause IE11 to close and reopen, and this can make some of those sites impossible to use. I have not yet found a fix that works. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Siverlight and also Java. When will a fix finally work?
    Monday, May 26, 2014 4:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

try uninstalling or disabling some of your toolbar or browser helper addons.

the first step in troubleshooting web browser issues is to test in noAddons Mode

Post consumer questions about IE to http://answers.microsoft.com (Help>Online Support menu from IE). Include with your questions the full address of any websites that you are having issues with. This forum is for questions about IEAK and GPO administration and installation of MSIE browsers on domain networks...for end user support please post to MS answers.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 1:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

try uninstalling or disabling some of your toolbar or browser helper addons.

the first step in troubleshooting web browser issues is to test in noAddons Mode

Post consumer questions about IE to http://answers.microsoft.com (Help>Online Support menu from IE). Include with your questions the full address of any websites that you are having issues with. This forum is for questions about IEAK and GPO administration and installation of MSIE browsers on domain networks...for end user support please post to MS answers.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 1:03 AM
  • Toolbars can be a issue. I have not found extensions to be a big one. I have basic add on's like Flash, Silverlight and Microsoft helpers. I have the most issues with IE with compatibility issues with a web site and IE. Normally I go to Compatibility View and add the site to see if that works. Some popular sites still prefer IE 8 and its no wonder since so many still use Windows XP. If your using Windows 8 I guess your stuck with IE 11. If your using Windows 7 you can downgrade (uninstall) IE 11 which will give you IE 10 and you can even go further and downgrade to IE 9. But I think IE 10 would solve much of your issues. The other option is install another browser to use on sites that IE 11 don't work well with.
    Tuesday, June 10, 2014 4:47 PM