For all users, add automapped shared mailboxes as an additional account in same or new profile of Outlook 2010/Exch 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• For all users in organization, I need to add automapped shared mailboxes as an additional account in same or new profile of Outlook 2010 with offline/sync slider to All or cache all emails.

User mailboxes on Exchange 2010 with full access permission on shared mailboxes.

Shared mailboxes on Exchange 2010 Users using Citrix environment 2016 with roaming profile.

Looking for a script or automated way to achieve this.

I have googled it, however no success. Checked OCT/prf which seems to be not working for me as different users have permission on different mailboxes.

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 9:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If a user is granted with “Full Access” permission for another shared mailbox, shared mailbox will automatically auto-map to outlook profile. This will work for existing and new profiles for this user.

Normally we can set this via cmdlet:

Add-MailboxPermission -Identity "ShareMX" -User "Kevin” -AccessRights FullAccess -InheritanceType All -AutoMapping $true

As different users have different permissions to different mailboxes. You could run this command to different users.

Reference: Add-MailboxPermission

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, December 18, 2019 2:06 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, December 19, 2019 1:24 AM
    Wednesday, December 18, 2019 2:06 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

If the information above was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 20, 2019 1:05 AM