none
Set Ctrl + 0 to Always Set the Zoom to %100, Rather Than Changing Depending on the Current Display Resolution RRS feed

• Question

• When I'm using Internet Explorer 11 on my Windows 8.1 Computer, the Default Zoom level is always set to 125% and it really annoys me. Luckily, my eyes are very good so I have my System Text set to small so I can see more at once. Whenever I open aIE11 Window on my laptops 1920x1080px display the window is zoomedto 125% I can manually set the window to 100% but if I hit Ctrl + 0, the Window is set back to 125% rather than 100% like in other browsers. If I movethe Window over to my 1280x1024px display then the window automatically zooms to 80% but the Ctrl + 0 level is set to 100%. THISDRIVES ME INSANE. I realize that the scaling down from 100% to 80% when moving to thesmaller monitor is to keep the text size consistent. This I am okay with. BUT I WANT Ctrl + 0 to always set the Zoom to 100%. How can I do this? I don't mind editing the registry so long as it gets the job done.
    Thursday, January 9, 2014 6:07 PM

Answers

• Start>Control Panel>Display

reset your display to 96 DPI. (or its defaults)....

Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab to view/set the zoom settings in the browser.

Post consumer questions about IE to http://answers.microsoft.com (Help>Online support menu from IE)

this forum is for questions from System administrators of domain networks using GPO and IEAK.

Thx.

Rob^_^

Thursday, January 9, 2014 11:39 PM

All replies

• Start>Control Panel>Display

reset your display to 96 DPI. (or its defaults)....

Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab to view/set the zoom settings in the browser.

Post consumer questions about IE to http://answers.microsoft.com (Help>Online support menu from IE)

this forum is for questions from System administrators of domain networks using GPO and IEAK.

Thx.

Rob^_^

Thursday, January 9, 2014 11:39 PM
  • In Windows 8 there is no DPI, but only percentage (100, 125, 150). Whatever option you chose IE still zoom to 125% when you press CTRL+0. This is really boring. Shall we get back to Win 7 (or maybe better XP).

Can this be configured in the registry and when press CTRL+0 to zoom to 100%.

thank you!

Friday, February 7, 2014 12:17 PM