Skype OnLine - CCE Connector on Dynamic Ip Address RRS feed

• General discussion

• Dear All,

I had come across a unique situation , where we needed to install Skype-CCE Connector behind a Dynamic IP Address, 

Below are the steps followed,

1) Use any free or paid service to create a Dynamic DNS Record , in my case I was using a Fortinet Firewall which allowed a very fast and reliable dyndns services

Dynamic DNS Registration

2) Create a Cname record in public DNS that would point towards 

3) Certificate with below names,

The main certificate is : accesssfb.<domain name> pointing using CName to DYNDNS name,

and the other is sip.<domain name>

Now follow the steps and install the CCE , at the time of writing this blog it is CCE2.0

How the CCE Edge is accessed from SFB Online for making PSTN Calls via PSTN gateway,

SFB Client àOffice 365 Cloud àConnects to Accesssfb.crayononline.com (Which is pointing to WAN Interface of the firewall @ TCP/443 àNAT// CCE-Edge Server,

Now connect to hyper V machine,

Basically this task need to be done 3 Servers 

1) CMS Server

2) Mediation Server

3) Edge Server

Export the local configuration file , Since CCE is not using any sql Backend , All configurations are stored local the each of these servers,

Export the Configuration

A Zip File would be Created , kindly do not extract this file, just open the file and extract the file DocItemSet.xml

Open File  look for NetInterfaceSide="External" InterfaceNumber="1" IpAddress="<Private IP>" ConfiguredIPAddress="<External ip Address>"

The field for Configured IP ADDRESS must be changed to reflect the new IP Address,

basically just replace the old value with new) and save the file,

Now Import this file to the config.zip file ( it would ask for replacement of old file , confirm this with “yes”)

Import the configuration

Open Skype Power Shell and Import the update Configuration file 

From Save PowerShell Windows do a restart of Services,

Stop-cswindowservices

Start-Cswindowservice

The same action need to be done on skype servers ie., CMS Server , Mediation and Edge Server,

Hit the Like Button if you found the article help.

Regards,

Hasan Reza,

Friday, September 22, 2017 11:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I was able to follow till "The field for Configured IP ADDRESS must be changed to reflect the new IP Address,"

What is this new IP Address that I need to put in?

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 7:39 AM
  • Dear Fadly,

This would be the new public ip address u have received for your wan interface.

Please mark/Vote the post as helpful,

Regards- Hasan Reza,

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 8:00 AM
  • Hi Hasan,

for point 2.

"2) Create a Cname record in public DNS that would point towards "

Towards what?

So meaning my WAN interface and CCE Edge will be having the same IP?

Regards,

Fadly

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 9:43 AM
  • Deleted
    Tuesday, February 20, 2018 1:35 PM
  • WAN Interface , Yes , it could be any ip where u have done port forwarding as below example

Extract from firewall rule<sub></sub><sup></sup><strike></strike>

Hth,

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 1:51 PM