none
Query data pull from folder is great however, i'm wondering if that is the specific solution for my needs. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Sorry for noob question... We have regular monthly data pulls so at first it seemed liked putting them into a specific folder and using power query to scrub the data would be perfect however, the data we pull isn't the latest set to append in a chronological series rather, the data we pull is comprehensive each and every time we pull it such that if we have 3 years of data and we want this last months data we will just pull 3 years and 1 month.  While I still definitely need power query to scrub data, what is the best option for having this be a scalable?  I'm thinking I just need to overwrite the current file in the folder that powerquery is looking to?  Any guidance appreciated.  Thanks.

Thursday, November 15, 2018 1:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'm thinking I just need to overwrite the current file in the folder that powerquery is looking to?

If you choose the folder option as the source, just overwriting the current file in the folder would make sense (make sure that there are no other files in the folder).

Thursday, November 15, 2018 1:54 PM
  • How about filtering by latest date modified?

That should keep only one row/file.

Thursday, November 15, 2018 2:56 PM
  • Oh I was hoping to have three files in a folder, all three of them update monthly but each need to be put into power query, they are 3 sources of data that all need to relate and all get updated comprehensively and not chronologically.  I think the same logic would apply though, as long as I don't have historical versions of the OLD files i'm replacing, it should be ok... I will test out obviously but just wanted to run by the community.  Thanks.
    Thursday, November 15, 2018 4:27 PM