Windows 7 Build 7100 RC Notification Icons disabeling on thier own RRS feed

All replies

• psytae,

If Microsoft was aware of the issue in Vista, you can trust that they have tried and continue to try to patch it out of later releases of both Windows Vista and Windows 7.

You weren't clear in your above post - were you successful in using the above suggested temporary fixes?
    -Alex
    Friday, June 26, 2009 2:58 PM
  • The microsoft fixit option would not work.  It says it doesn't apply to the version of windows I am using.

haven't tried the other fixes yet dealing with the registries yet because I have been swamped with other calls this morning, and I didn't want to have to logout and back in or kill my explorer.exe while working the calls.
    Friday, June 26, 2009 3:48 PM
  • I've also noticed this issue from XP to Vista to 7. I was just on the Connect site trying to find somewhere to log this as a bug with 7! It makes me mad too that MS haven't sorted this out for Win7.

I suspect that its 3rd party apps causing this however since i tend to install the same things on all of my PCs. Maybe certain conflicts with these apps the the explorer shell causes the icons to barf?
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 12:21 PM