none
dpm 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• im trying to install dpm 2010 after its start the installation process an error appears ,

The SQL Server 2008 installation failed. Review the SQL Server installation log file for failures, and then take the appropriate action.
    ID: 4310. Details: Unknown error (0x84b30001)

and in the event log ,

Product: Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Applications 2.0 - ENU -- Error 1335.The cabinet file 'trin_aide.cab' required for this
    installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

what is this for ? is it some thing wrong in my copy or what ?

Regards

Ouday

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 5:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I got the same error.

I used and mounted (not extracted) the iso of dpm2010 downloaded from msdn.

The solution was: downloaded the iso again and then restarted the installation. Everything work fine for me.

Regards,

Daniele

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 7:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you mail us the SQL log folder: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap\Log to vborra [at] microsoft [dot] com

and also C:\dpmlogs\dpmsetup.log

-- Thanks Venkata Praveen[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Proposed as answer by marco_06 Monday, August 23, 2010 1:40 PM
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 6:42 AM
  • Hi,

I got the same error.

I used and mounted (not extracted) the iso of dpm2010 downloaded from msdn.

The solution was: downloaded the iso again and then restarted the installation. Everything work fine for me.

Regards,

Daniele

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 7:32 AM
  • Please re-open the thread if the suggested resolution do not help.

Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, July 2, 2010 7:22 AM
  • hi Praveen,

I got the same error though. Try to run the installation as administrator, with me it resolve the problem.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 5:57 PM
  • In my case, this issue: ID: 4310. Details: Unknown error (0x84b30001) was related with long folder Installation name.

You can get this error if you go in SQL 2008 folder, inside DPM 2010 folder, and start the setup. You'll get error related with long names.

Try to rename it in shorter name.

http://tompopov.blogspot.com/2010/12/upgrade-dpm-2010-eval-to-dpm-2010-full.html 

Monday, December 20, 2010 7:09 PM
  • I got the following error

"Product: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services -- Error 1335. The cabinet file 'PCW_CAB_Family01' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package."

We had to log a call with MS for them to fix their ISO....once that was done we downloaded it again and the install completed without a problem.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 6:00 AM
  • Took me all god damn weekend to install DPM 2010, turns out my version of this error was specifically with installing the Reporting Services portion of the SQL 2008 install, and this was in the summary log for the DPM install:

Feature:                       Reporting Services
      MSI status:                    Passed
      Configuration status:          Failed: see details below
      Configuration error code:      0x3FB6F251
      Configuration error description: Input string was not in a correct format.
      Configuration log:             C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap\Log\20110417_145552\Detail.txt

In the end it transpired the error was to do with corrupt performance counters, you have to run from cmd prompt this command:

lodctr /R

Then uninstall SQL Reporting Services (I uninstalled all of SQL as it's installed by DPM 2010 anyway), restart, then reinstall.

Hope this saves someone a bit of time.

Sunday, April 17, 2011 10:15 PM