Import txt files into Power Query with TEXT QUALIFIER RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to know how i can import tekst (.txt) files into Power Query (Query editor) with delimiters AND tekst qualifiers.

Thank you in advance!

Friday, January 12, 2018 2:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please go to Power Query editor- select Split Column- By Delimiter as shown in the following figure:

Then you will get a dialog box:

Please check if this will help you, I'm glad to help you.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, January 15, 2018 5:56 AM
  • Hi,

Please check if you need more help about this problem, I'm glad to help you.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 1:53 AM
  • I think the problem was another one. An additional split is not what he need.

In my case I have a csv file.

It contains some text columns. Some entries have quotes (the longer ones), some entries do not.

What we need is a text qualifier feature in the power query editor. 

Without the feature - text values with line brakes destroy the result data.

• Edited by mfritz2000 Thursday, August 9, 2018 8:21 AM
    Thursday, August 9, 2018 8:20 AM