Your PC run into a problem and needs to restart RRS feed

• Question

• dear all. yesterday four computers displayed such an error when users turn on the computer(Your PC run into a problem and needs to restart). the computers are on domain and bitlocker implemented for a long period of  time. Even users restarts their pc the same message appears. i want to be sure if Bitlocker cause the issue. I have applied Bitlocker all of the computers and all of them works as expected except the four computers. Do you think Bitlocker might caused the problem? how can i test it?
    Wednesday, April 15, 2020 9:13 AM

All replies

• There are multiple causes of this message.

To evaluate the computer environment please post logs for troubleshooting.

Using administrative command prompt copy and paste this whole command.

Make sure the default language is English so that the logs can be scanned and read.

Choose the applicable link for the operating system:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3813-language-add-remove-change-windows-10-a.html
    https://www.eightforums.com/threads/language-add-or-remove-in-windows-8.5849/
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/87317-display-language-change.html

The command will automatically collect the computer files and place them on the desktop.

Then use 7zip to organize the files and one drive, drop box, or google drive to place share links into the thread for troubleshooting.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-OneDrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

This command will automatically collect these files:  msinfo32, mini dumps, drivers, hosts, install, uninstall, services, startup, event viewer files, etc.

Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste the whole command:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

There is one file for you to find manually:  dxdiag:  

In the left lower corner search type:  dxdiag > When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens click on the next page button so that each tab is opened > click on save all information > save to desktop > post one drive or drop box share link into the thread

Please remember to vote and to mark the replies as answers if they help.

On the bottom of each post there is: 

Propose as answer = answered the question

On the left side of each post:  Vote = a helpful post

Wednesday, April 15, 2020 4:12 PM
  • Thanks for your reply. we found the problem. we use vpn to connect to corparate network . vpn client blocks some driver while computer starts. after configuring vpn client once more the problem solved.

I have other question. Most of hdd on users's computer is older enough and do you think the bitlocker could cause some crashing on older hdd?

Thursday, April 16, 2020 8:35 AM
  • Most BSOD crashes are due to malfunctioning third party drivers.

Non-BSOD crashes can be related to the computer environment (heat, voltage, etc.)

Application crashes are typically in the log files.

Computer files typically differentiate between the types of crashes.

For further workup please post share links.

Thursday, April 16, 2020 1:51 PM
  • That is valuable info. But my question is not exactly what you answered. I want to be sure that if users's hdd is older enough, would bitlocker cause some issue on hdd when encrypting drive?
    Thursday, April 16, 2020 1:55 PM
  • Consider opening a new thread with that specific question.
    Thursday, April 16, 2020 2:28 PM
  • Thank you for your help
    Thursday, April 16, 2020 2:38 PM