Time Intelligence (Previous Year & Month to Date) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, this is a question regarding Time Intelligence in a PerformancePoint Dashboard.

In the data connection of my Dashboard Designer i have defined a Time Dimension.

I created also a Time Intelligence Filter to add these options:

Day Today
    Day - 1 Yesterday
    Month Current Month
    Month - 1 Last Month
    Year Current Year
    Year - 1 Last Year
    Monthtodate Month to Date
    Yeartodate Year to Date

This KPI was created with two records:

Actual: In which the measure is a regular sum measure of one of my columns of my fact table ([Measures].[Total Consumptions])

Previous Year: This is related to a calculated measure in my SSAS Cube with this formula:

(ParallelPeriod( [Dim Calendar].[Year -  Month -  Date].[Year] ), [Measures].[Total Consumptions])

These KPI are my two columns of a Scorecard.

In the Dashboard I linked the Time Intelligence Filter and the Scorecard.

The Scorecard works good except when I select Month to Date or Year to Date in my filter because my Previous Year shows an error.

I am sure my problem is in my Calculated Measure but I don't know how to correct it. Do you have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Gaby

Thursday, August 16, 2012 7:29 PM

All replies

• All the TI forumlas except the last 2 would give you a single member of your calendar dimension. Whereas MonthToDate and YearToDate give a set. You could add conditional logic like IIF in your calculated measure to check passed time dimension members and use the appropiate forumla.

I think you could also look at SCOPE.

http://dailyitsolutions.blogspot.com/

Thursday, August 16, 2012 7:54 PM
  • Can you send me an example for this "You could add conditional logic like IIF in your calculated measure to check passed time dimension members and use the appropiate forumla."

I will look into SCOPE function too.

Thanks !

Thursday, August 16, 2012 8:05 PM