weird error in vista RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i have been using vista since the release candidate. Then i installed vista ultimate when it came out. I had been using it ever since, until last week. Autodesk Maya, msn messenger, and office XP failed on me. i got this error message for the three programs,

"the appliaction has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more details."

I tried to check the event viewer, and i got another error. "MMC could not create the snap-in."

CLSID:  FX :{b05566ad-fe9c-4363-be05-7a4cbb7cb510}

Now when i tried to unistall or reinstall the damaged apps, i got that same error about the side-by-side stuff. But then, later on that day, i had a windows, update. that ran fine, i had to restart the computer, and when i did that, office xp worked, but autodesk maya, and msn messenger would not run, the same as the event viewer.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

AJ

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 8:48 PM

All replies

• I have exaclty the same problem since the exact same day and am going bald!!! Sad
    Friday, May 18, 2007 5:42 PM
  • That sucks, so far, nobody has given me any ideas. I hope i dont need to reinstall.

Thanks for the reply.

Friday, May 18, 2007 6:18 PM
  • I have the same problem. I think there is a problem with the .NET framework, but as far as I know, there's no way of repairing a broken .net framework on Vista!

I can't install software anymore, nor reinstall, repair, ... I also get errors like this one:

MOM.EXE - Initialisation error of .NET Framework
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll could not be loaded

I have a problem with Office 2007. When i start Word, i get this error:

Error 1935.
    There was an error during the installation of a part of an assembly
    {63E949F6-03BC-5C40-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}
    HRESULT: 0x80073712

(i'm sorry if the above errors are not exact, I had to translate them from Dutch)
    Friday, June 8, 2007 2:22 PM
  • Well....after afew days i got tired, and did a reinstall, It sucks because those are things that should not happen. I never found an answer to my problem. not only that, after i reinstalled vista, last week i got an error with automatic updates being disabled. I ran a program from dell that fixed the issue, but i couldnt trace back the problem to post it here.
    Friday, June 8, 2007 4:50 PM
  • Well, i have sent a mail to Microsoft Technical support. I heard you get free support if there's a problem with Windows Update (which is also the case with me). I'll keep you posted if my problem was solved.

You can get support at http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance .
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 12:18 PM
  • Well, still no reply from microsoft support.

Anyway i know now some system files must be corrupted due to bad RAM. (at least that's what I think happened)

I already tried installing another vista on the same computer and copying all .NET framework files from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\ from one installation to the other, but that didn't work. Maybe now i will try comparing the registry on both machines. And if all else fails, i will reinstall Tongue Tied

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 9:48 AM
  • I got this Error and this is how i FIXED IT

"Could not load file or assembly 'MOM.implementation, version=2.0.2637.38862, culture=neutral, Publickey Token=90ba9c70f846762e' or one of its dependencies, The system cannot find the file specified."

and allso had the error MOM.exe error something dont remmeber exactly

any way the solution for me was reinstalling my Video card driver i saw that the ATI video emblem apperd when this error accured hope this helps get the lates Drivers for your Video card and make sure it is the Right version. HOPE that helps !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 5:49 AM
  • FX:{b05566ad-fe9c-4363-be05-7a4cbb7cb510}

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 10:51 AM
  • I dont think the error with the video card drivers is the same, as i stated i could not install or uninstall any programs.

Has anybody figured this one out yet?.

Thank you,

AJ

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 12:52 PM
  • ** Calling all angels **

My problem is not so much a weird error but it is a .DLL error message.

It happens evreytime I try and open a program or pretty much do anything!

Its the c:\windows\AppPatch\AcLayers.DLL error that I hear a lot of people are having trouble with ...

PLEASE tell me some one can help I do not want to format and reinstall.

** Warning ** I am not a competent computer person like most here, so if any one has any suggestions could ya 'dumb it down' for me please?

Thursday, September 6, 2007 6:57 AM
  • Well that wouldn't have worked for me since reinstalling actually tried to load the .net framework.

I eventually reinstalled my computer...
    Thursday, September 6, 2007 1:51 PM
  • Is the only option to reinstall Vista?  I've been having problem with both errors:

c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll could not be
    loaded

and the side by side configuration error when trying to open an Office 2007 application.  Any clues yet?

Thursday, September 11, 2008 2:08 AM
  •  americantsm1 wrote:

** Calling all angels **

My problem is not so much a weird error but it is a .DLL error message.

It happens evreytime I try and open a program or pretty much do anything!

Its the c:\windows\AppPatch\AcLayers.DLL error that I hear a lot of people are having trouble with ...

PLEASE tell me some one can help I do not want to format and reinstall.

** Warning ** I am not a competent computer person like most here, so if any one has any suggestions could ya 'dumb it down' for me please?

ME TOO!!!
    Monday, September 15, 2008 1:36 AM