none
Dual monitor problem, put new monitor on it loaded driver and now the older monitor went black in sleep mode NEED FIX

Question

• I have HP Desktop Tower Pavilion with windows 10, I had two HP S2031 monitors in dual mode, worked fine. One of them died, I got a good deal on a larger HP 27er monitor.  I hooked it up, they were both working fine ... it was using a default monitor setting ... and then yesterday the computer downloaded some updates, and in doing so, it downloaded the driver for the HP 27er and installed.  The next thing that happens is the older HP S2031 starts to go dark ... like it is going into sleep mode, and then it is totally black.  On reboot, it starts up with both monitors working, but within seconds of reboot the HP S2031 goes black again. The HP S2031's buttons do nothing, other than the power button, which turns it off and on, but that is it.   I have done all troubleshooting, I did not even have them set up to sleep, all settings are at NEVER.  In coming here, I have done all the fixes I can find for similar  that are posted for similar issues, the Windows Key + W... nothing.  The create new power plan ... nothing.  the device manger>display adapters>disable then enable ... nothing.  and lastly Start>Control Panel>System>Device Manager>display adapter>driver tap>update ... still nothing.  HOW DO I GET THE HP S2031 MONITOR TO NOT BE IN SLEEP AND HAVE BLACK SCREEN.  I can not figure this out and am not finding any fix.
    Saturday, July 15, 2017 12:48 PM

All replies

• After re-re-reading my post, let me add ... I also attempted to roll back the newly installed driver for the HP 27er, but it WILL NOT go back to the older "default" plug-n-play driver.  I have tried several times, several ways, it will just now not let me use a default ... I removed it off my computer, and Windows 10 goes online and downloads the HP 27er driver now, does not go to the default one that it first used when I first plugged in the new monitor.  I have no idea what happened, the only other thing I can think of is that maybe in the Windows update there was something that messed it up and it was not just the download of the HP 27er driver??? I do not have a clue!  Anyone , I do so thank you so very much in advance for any help / suggestions you may have.
    Saturday, July 15, 2017 12:58 PM
  • Hi ,

As you were use 2 same monitors before, so there is not a conflict between the 2 monitors resolution.

However your existing monitor HP 27er has a high resolution than HP S2031, you need to change your former configuration to adapt them.

We could refer to the following link to configure 2 monitors.

How To Set Different Resolutions For Multiple Monitors In Windows 10

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/different-resolutions-for-multiple-monitors-in-windows-10/

NOTE: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Best regards,

Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 17, 2017 10:11 AM