Direct Access - Group Policy Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have hit this issue twice now. After install and config of DA in a real internet enabled envirnment (loosely based on the great DA stepbystep) I do not see the group policy for DA at the client.  (looking with rsop.msc)

I look on the server I see both Direct Access group policies.  The one starting with ab9 (DA server one) I can click on Settings and I see all correct paramters.  The one with 349 is listed in the GPMC as well, however if I select it and select the settings tab in the gpmc I see the following error message:

An error occurred while generating report:
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I have seen this once before as well. 

I have not tried rebooting, I will do that next.  Can anyone explain the error?  My pal Google does not know about this particular issue.

Don Murphy

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:17 AM

Answers

• Workaround --> Can't use the gpmc console on Win 2008 R2 to view the client gpo so use gpmc on DA server (win 2008 R2).

Thursday, November 12, 2009 4:51 PM

All replies

• Hi
    If you don't restart the client after putting it in the DA-Group the GPO will not apply on the client.
    Because it's a group membership you need to restart the client before the GPO will apply to the client.

/Johan

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:53 AM
  • Its what I reported on the server that is bothering me.  I need to be able to look at/modify those entries.
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:32 AM
  • Workaround --> Can't use the gpmc console on Win 2008 R2 to view the client gpo so use gpmc on DA server (win 2008 R2).

Thursday, November 12, 2009 4:51 PM