none
DPM failed to gather item level catalog RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I install DPM 2010 and sharepoint 2010 SP1

Log Name:      DPM Alerts
    Source:        DPM-EM

Description : DPM failed to gather item level catalog for 7 database(s) of the SharePoint Farm ash-portaldb\sharepointdb2010\sharepoint on ash-portal.andalusia.loc. Some of the recovery points for these databases in the farm would be associated with an earlier successful catalog. (ID: 3133)

recommended action : To re-run the catalog job manually for the farm, run Start-CreateCatalog command in PowerShell

Note : 1. i was uninstall my DPM and re- install another one.

2. i run the following command shell on DPM Get-ProtectionGroup ash-dpm-02 | Get-
    Datasource | Where-Object{$_.type-Like "*sharepoint*"} | Start-CreateCatalog ... but the following result apprear

job category                                status                                  Hascompleted

------------------                              ------------                          ---------------------

sharepointcatalog                        in progress                       False

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mohamed Yahia | Syshunt@live.com

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Mohamed,

If you want to know status of Start-CreateCatalog task, you can use or create a custom filter in the Monitoring/Jobs tab:

To create a custom filter, in the Monitoring/Jobs tab:

• Click on Action then Create filter
    • Set Filter name
    • In Filter option, select Jobs type SharePoint Catalog task and status:

• Preview and/or Save your filter

Stephane

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

My DPM blog Yet Another DPM Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:11 AM
  • Hi Stephane,

i did it, and there are error i catch it

The SharePoint catalog task fails with HR 0x80004003 (Invalid Pointer)

There is a network connectivity issue between the SharePoint front-end Web server and the back-end server.

Rerun the catalog job by using Windows PowerShell.

and i perform the recommendation by rerun the catalog job using DPM power shell Get-ProtectionGroup ash-dpm-02 | Get-
    Datasource | Where-Object{$_.type-Like "*sharepoint*"} | Start-CreateCatalog ... but the result not changed

job category                                status                                  Hascompleted

------------------                              ------------                          ---------------------

sharepointcatalog                        in progress                       False

So please any idea ...

Thank you so much

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:06 PM