Mapped folders with "$" disappears RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

On our company we use a kixlogin script to map folders from the network. But some users need access outside the office and connect through a VPN-client (netscreen-remote) and therefor don't run any script on login.

The problem some users are having is that after mapping there home folders \\server.domain.se\user$ they disappear when they logout from Windows XP. This don't happens to any other mapped folders. So the "$" seems to be part of the problem. The computers that this is happning on are using XP Professional ServicePack 3.

Is there someway to keep the users home folders mapped when they start windows and are not connected to the internal office network?

Best Regards,
    Markus Faleij
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 2:55 PM

All replies

• Hello,

If the home folder is linked to user AD profile Home directory, then the have to be connected to the AD domain for the path to work. Another option is that they might have to manually map the drives when they are offline. or you create a simple utility for them to use when to map drive when offline...I can help witht his if you need assistance
    Isaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 3:52 PM
  • Hi Isaac,

The way I like it to work is so that the folder is mapped when the users log in to windows. They then startup the VPN-connection and can the mapped folder. I would be very grateful   if you could be of assistance to make it work this way :)
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 4:10 PM