Strange Win7 happenings RRS feed

• Question

• I bought a 60GB OWC SSD and put it in my MacBook Pro (used the data doubler kit to replace the DVD drive) Installed Windows 7 on the ssd without using the bootcamp setup wizard. (i'm such a rebel) It installed beautifully and Win7 is really really fast! The screen is gorgeous! But beauty comes at a price right? 

Here's the weird thing, I couldn't install Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010 or get Win7's SP1 to install. I tried loading from the DVD, re-downloading installers, and running installs from my known good flashdrives. None of it was working.The installs would inexplicably hang, I thought it was from the 8GB of <acronym style="color: #556e8b; font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; text-align: left;" title="Random Access Memory">ram</acronym> in the system. But that wasn't it... By chance/accident, I left my WD elements usb hdd plugged in when I attempted to install office 2010, i noticed the disk light was flashing occasionally during the install, odd I said. But 2010 installed in about 1.5 minutes. I then said, lets try 2007. It also installed in about 2 minutes... brilliant! (the elements disk had activity during the 2007 installation) And lastly, SP1 installed without issue, yay! 

Before my accidental discovery, it was taking well over 2 hours to make any progress and the disk write speed for the installer was 2.4kbps (peak) Even windows update was wonky... it would take forever to check for updates and even then it wouldn't be accurate... 

I checked the pagefile, it's on the C: drive and win7 says that the elements drive is not needed for ReadyBoost. 

So, with that in mind, is there a driver or destination configuration to let windows use the SSD for storing critical temporary installation files?
    What has me curious as to why Win7 is dependent on a usb external disk to do any sort of Microsoft installation. Any reasons why? 

Specs- 
    2011 Macbook Pro 2.2ghz Intel i7 (quad core)
    8GB of DDR3 <acronym style="color: #556e8b; font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; text-align: left;" title="Random Access Memory">RAM</acronym>
    128GB Apple SSD (OS X Lion)
    60GB OWC SSD (Windows 7 Pro x64)
    Latest drivers from apple/AMD
    Sunday, January 22, 2012 8:06 PM

Answers

• The reason why is Drive Letter conflicts go to the start menu > right click Computer > Manage > Go to Disk Management > Right Click, change drive letter or path > change the Drive Letter to something else. Problem solved.
    Professional In Computing - Please Contact for Help. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Vishdafish Monday, January 23, 2012 6:35 PM
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Monday, January 30, 2012 1:31 AM
    Monday, January 23, 2012 6:34 PM