Outlook says "You are not authorized to access this site", OWA works, and Outlook works when user logs into a different machine. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user who's having a hard time accessing their Outlook as of a week ago.

They were able to access their Outlook inboxes up until 7/17, when their inbox stopped updating. They contacted our company's helpdesk who attempted to run Office's repair function, and possibly also recreated the user's account.

Now whenever the user attempts to log in to Outlook, it attempts to set up her profile, and starts to ask for her credentials, which when entered tells her that "You are not authorized to access this site". The odd thing is it's something local I believe, as she's able to access OWA, and when using her credentials on my machine her email loads properly.

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 10:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Tristan Abshire,

>>Now whenever the user attempts to log in to Outlook, it attempts to set up her profile, and starts to ask for her credentials, 

Would you mind providing a screenshot here for further research? If you cannot put the screenshot here, you can upload it to OneDrive (https://onedrive.live.com/) and then share the link here. 

How do you recreate the user's account? Re-add it to Outlook or create a new profile? You could refer to the steps in this link to recreate a new profile.

Besides, we could also try repairing Outlook Data Files to see if it works.

Any updates, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, July 27, 2018 2:40 AM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2018 1:52 AM
  • Hi Tristan Abshire,

Any updates with this issue?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, July 26, 2018 8:46 AM