Save all print jobs to pdf/jpg in a folder on print server. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a Windows Server 2008 Std Print Server with two printers attached to it and shared across network.

I want every print job to be saved in a local folder on print server in pdf/image format.

Possible?

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:46 AM

Answers

• on the "Advanced" tab of the printer Properties, there is a checkbox for "Keep printed documents"
    Don
    Friday, August 19, 2011 1:05 PM

All replies

• Yes.  First you would need to configure each print queue to keep printed jobs.  Then you would need to find an application that could RIP the spl files in the format you desire.  I think GhostScript can perform the task to PS format (I have no clue if there are any command line options with the applications) then you would need something to RIP the PS output to PDF.

Let us know what's out there.

Alan Morris Windows Printing Team
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 4:38 AM
    Answerer
  • Yes.  First you would need to configure each print queue to keep printed jobs.  Then you would need to find an application that could RIP the spl files in the format you desire.  I think GhostScript can perform the task to PS format (I have no clue if there are any command line options with the applications) then you would need something to RIP the PS output to PDF.

Let us know what's out there.

Alan Morris Windows Printing Team

Thanks for reply Alan.

How do I configure Print Server Queues to keep print jobs?

Friday, August 19, 2011 11:01 AM
  • on the "Advanced" tab of the printer Properties, there is a checkbox for "Keep printed documents"
    Don
    Friday, August 19, 2011 1:05 PM