none
Additional Disks in Storage Pool not being used. RRS feed

• Question

• I set up my DPM 2010 with a single 2TB disk in the Storage pool.  When it got to 10 percent Unallocated I added two new drives, and added them to the Storage Pool. 

They are both displayed ok, and 99 percent Unallocated. 

Since then Disk 1 has dropped to 5 percent Unallocated, whereas Disks 2 and 3 remain at 99 percent Unallocated.

Do I, therefore, need to 'force' DPM to use the other Disks for the existing Jobs?

Thanks

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 11:11 AM

Answers

• Hi Peter,

DPM can only use unallocated space in the storage pool disks when protecting new data sources, or extending replica or recovery point volumes.

You can't "force" DPM to use new disk in DPM storage pool

Stephane

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

My DPM blog Yet Another DPM Blog

• Proposed as answer by Stephane LADUNE Wednesday, December 5, 2012 11:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Peter Marshall Wednesday, December 5, 2012 11:30 AM
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 11:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Peter,

DPM can only use unallocated space in the storage pool disks when protecting new data sources, or extending replica or recovery point volumes.

You can't "force" DPM to use new disk in DPM storage pool

Stephane

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

My DPM blog Yet Another DPM Blog

• Proposed as answer by Stephane LADUNE Wednesday, December 5, 2012 11:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Peter Marshall Wednesday, December 5, 2012 11:30 AM
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 11:19 AM
  • Removed a Protection Group, then set it up again, and behold, it was on one of the new Disks. And Disk 1 has dropped to 21% unallocated.  Huzzah.

Thanks.

Peter

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 11:32 AM