Windows Phone 8 Photos extremely large when exported to Windows 8 Computer RRS feed

• Question

• Dear,

we're experiencing the following issue regarding the export of images from Windows Phone 8 to Windows 8(.1):

When exporting the images, the images are extremely large in size (approx. between 1 GB and 2GB). In this, it doesn't matter whether we use the Export function from the Windows Explorer, or copy / paste the files to a local directory on the Windows 8(.1) machine.

Could you please help us with this issue?

Many thanks in advance.

Thom

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 7:24 AM

All replies

• Hi, Tdiks

May I know more information about your situation. Where did you store your images in your phone(sd card/ phone storage). How many images are there. To me, all of my images counted to be nearly 5GB, that's normal as the are thousands of photos.

Also, the video that you record may also stored inside the same folder as those images which also make the folder be large. Therefore, verify whether the images you exported are the same compared with those browse from your phone or not. If they are the same, that's fine.

Hope it does help you.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 5:33 AM
  • Hi TJ,

my apologies for the delayed reaction. To answer your questions; The images on these phones are stored on the Phone Storage as well as on the SD card. Also , the problem isn't that all of the photo's combined take up a lot of space, the problem is that the pictures themselves become extremely large (I just did a quick search on our storage directory, and found out that some of these pictures take up as much as 1,5 GB in space).

I also checked to see if the photos from the Windows Phone are identical to the photos on the user's computer, and these seem to be identical, except for the fact that the photos exported from the Windows Phone are extremely large in size.

Many thanks in advance,

Thom

Monday, November 17, 2014 1:04 PM