none
DPM 2010 client protection required encryption feature from backup software RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

One of my customer would like the backup software to backup their client. In addition, they would like the encryption feature from the backup software.

They don't want to perform the EFS at source (on client side). The main purpose of backing up clients are to backup outlook PST file.

What I know about DPM 2010 out of the box feature does not support the encryption.

Please kindly help suggest whether we have the workaround solution? or what is the 3rd party that you recommend for this purpose?

Thanks & Regards,

U37TCP

Friday, September 30, 2011 9:13 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello all,

One of my customer would like the backup software to backup their client. In addition, they would like the encryption feature from the backup software.

They don't want to perform the EFS at source (on client side). The main purpose of backing up clients are to backup outlook PST file.

What I know about DPM 2010 out of the box feature does not support the encryption.

Please kindly help suggest whether we have the workaround solution? or what is the 3rd party that you recommend for this purpose?

I forgot to say that they would like the encryption feature on disk (not on tape, which DPM 2010 can support).

Thanks & Regards,

U37TCP

Friday, September 30, 2011 9:21 AM
  • Hi,

I think BitWackr may do encryption and works with DPM.

http://www.exar.com/Common/Content/Default.aspx?id=7472

Thanks,

Marc

• Proposed as answer by MarcReynoldsModerator Friday, September 30, 2011 6:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by u37tcp Saturday, October 1, 2011 4:15 AM
    Friday, September 30, 2011 6:36 PM