2013 users denied access to non-migrated user calendars RRS feed

• Question

• We have started migrating users from Exchange 2007 RU 10 to Exchange 2013 SP1.  In our initial deployment group, we noticed that migrated users did not have permissions to previously shared 2007 user calendar.  Users can still see the calendars, but get access denied errors when attempting view appointment details or make other changes.  This even appears to be the case for the Exchange Admins against the same users.  Admins get permission denied when attempting to view the calendar properties of users or see details of appointments. Is this an intended reaction to being migrated, or do we have permissions missing between the 2013 and 2007 environments.  2007 users to not appear to have issues reviewing and modifying migrated user calendars.  I have seen mentions of having to remove all permission in Outlook and re-add them.  I hope that we have just missed something and this is not the expected behavior in a coexistance environment.
    Wednesday, April 23, 2014 9:17 PM

All replies

• "Migrating" means across prganizations.  Is that what you mean?  Or are both servers in the same organization?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Thursday, April 24, 2014 3:48 AM
  • Both servers are in the same organization.  We are upgrading to 2013 and moving users from 2007.
    Thursday, April 24, 2014 12:31 PM
  • So are you saying that access is denied when both mailboxes are on the same version, i.e., both are moved to Exchange 2013?  That would be unusual, but I've read of cases where permissions have had to be restored.  What might help in the diagnosis is to share the report from the move request.

Get-MoveRequest -Identity "Mailbox Name" | Get-MoveRequestStatistics -IncludeReport | FL Report

If you mean that one mailbox is on Exchange 2013 and access isn't available to a mailbox on Exchange 2007, that is not unusual.  Best practice is to move workgroups together so that such access isn't lost.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Thursday, April 24, 2014 7:42 PM