Unable to direct book rooms/resources in OWA RRS feed

• Question

• We run Exchange 2013 in our environment with Outlook 2013.

Recently we've had a problem where people with Editor permissions to rooms and resource mailboxes are not able to directly book the room in OWA. Up until recently they've been able to do that by double clicking or right clicking into the calendar in OWA and completing the booking from there. Users are still able to direct book through Outlook 2013, but the users that are having the problem do not have access to Outlook 2013 in our environment. Any thoughts?

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 3:47 PM

Answers

• This patch is an Exchange 2013 patch.  You are asking the question in the Exchange 2003/2007 forum, so I assumed you were asking about the older products. I apologize for getting your version wrong.  You may wish to move this thread to the Exchange 2013 forum so it will get more visibility.

When they are making this attempt, are they opening the other mailbox and going to the calendar, or have they added the other calendar to their calendar list and are making the attempt there?

Monday, April 27, 2015 2:07 PM

All replies

• Two questions:  What changes on the server-side recently that might have caused this?  And what error are the users getting when they attempt to book a room?  (To say they "are not able to directly book the room" is light on the information necessary for us to give reliable assistance.)
    Tuesday, April 21, 2015 5:39 PM
  • As stated above, they are unable to double-click or right click and then make the reservation directly within Webmail. There is no error message, it simply doesn't allow them to do either.

We have a belief here that it's something that's across the board after the KB3040856 patch, as that was the most recently deployed patch before this started happening, and I want to ensure that's correct before I let go of this issue.

Monday, April 27, 2015 1:39 PM
  • This patch is an Exchange 2013 patch.  You are asking the question in the Exchange 2003/2007 forum, so I assumed you were asking about the older products. I apologize for getting your version wrong.  You may wish to move this thread to the Exchange 2013 forum so it will get more visibility.

When they are making this attempt, are they opening the other mailbox and going to the calendar, or have they added the other calendar to their calendar list and are making the attempt there?

Monday, April 27, 2015 2:07 PM