locked
The exception unknown software exception (0xc06d007e) occurred in application at location 0x7612d36f RRS feed

  • Question

  • windows 7 when I open the Google Chrome browser I get this message
    Thursday, June 7, 2012 7:40 AM

Answers

All replies

  • Contact Google Chrome Support (http://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en) and report this problem.
    Look in the Windows "Application" log in the Event Viewer to see if there's any record that can provide you with more detailed informations about this problem.

    Bye.


    Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award

    Thursday, June 7, 2012 9:49 PM
  • I suggest you temporarily disable firewall or antivirus and then try agian.

    Meanwhile, please contact Google Support for further assistance.

    Google Chrome Support

    http://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en


    Ivan-Liu

    TechNet Community Support

    Friday, June 8, 2012 3:32 AM
  • Dear Luigi,

    There are no logs in the Event viewer ! I reported the problem to Google about 3 weeks ago with no reply.

    Many thanks for your help

    Robert


    sherluck

    Friday, June 8, 2012 7:36 AM
  • Boot in safe mode and install the Google Chrome again.

    Start your computer in safe mode

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode

    Another suggestion is to have a test in clean boot environment.

    How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135


    Ivan-Liu

    TechNet Community Support

    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Monday, June 25, 2012 8:37 AM
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 9:23 AM
  • Hi  sherluck,

    Even I got the same issue.I have fixed the below way.

    First analyse the CPU n Memory utilisation.Becoz the error itself show its related to memory.

    If you see any of the resouces are utilizing more , you need to kill those services/task/*.exe.

    If you observe there is no high cpu n memory utilisation,Then look for the RDP connnections and if you find many of the connections are disconnected status then you need to close/logoff them. Then try to open required task.

    This worked for me.

    Thanks,

    Sravana Jella


    Thanks & Regards Sravana Jella

    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 4:09 AM