Share Protected button disappears RRS feed

• Question

• When using Azure RMS, I've noticed that if an office app (Word and excel) errors out and needs to be closed while the RMS companion app is still running, the office app will lose the Share Protected button once restarted.

I've seen this happen first in word, and then reproducible in Excel.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the rights management tool, but this does not replace the button in word and excel.

Any solutions that you recommend?

Monday, December 9, 2013 7:07 PM

Answers

• I have found the answer to this question.

In the directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft RMS Office Addins

There is a VSTO file for each add-in.  If you double-click the file for the add-in that's missing the "Share Protected" button, this will reinstall the add-in and the "Share Protected" button will be there the next time the office app is launched.

• Marked as answer by wilson.ke Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:18 PM
    Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:18 PM

All replies

• I have found the answer to this question.

In the directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft RMS Office Addins

There is a VSTO file for each add-in.  If you double-click the file for the add-in that's missing the "Share Protected" button, this will reinstall the add-in and the "Share Protected" button will be there the next time the office app is launched.

• Marked as answer by wilson.ke Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:18 PM
    Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:18 PM
  • Hi there,

We've released a new version of the app, available at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40857, which should fix this problem.

Thanks,

Shubha

• Proposed as answer by Shubha P Tuesday, February 11, 2014 11:58 PM
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 11:58 PM