Taskbar problems on a multiple monitor setup RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having an issue with taskbar previews randomly being disabled.  They'll show up fine then after a while they'll stop working.  The only way I've found to get them back is to drag a taskbar item up, displaying the jump menu.  After I do that they display fine, until they don't again.  I once thought it had to do with using remote desktop, but it happens even when I'm not using it.  My only guess is that it has something to do with running a multiple monitor setup, because I never have this problem on other Win7 PCs.  I actually just noticed that the taskbar previews are not the only problem.  The hover state of the taskbar items doesn't clear when mousing out.  The highlight remains and the tooltip shows even after the mouse is somewhere else entirely.  Any help would certainly be appreciated, thanks.
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 8:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post!

I recommend you use the Aero Troubleshooter to check if there's any issue.

Click Start - Control Panel - Troubleshootdr - Troubleshooting - Appearance and Personalization - Display Aero desktop effects.

Since it's an randomly issue and hard to troubleshoot, please update the graphics card driver to the latest one.

I suspect there could be some third-party application conflicts,  try a Clean Boot as well.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Wednesday, March 30, 2011 9:46 AM
    Friday, March 25, 2011 3:08 AM