Windows 7/Office 2007 Seizures RRS feed

• General discussion

• I need assistance with Office 2007 seizing on workstations running Windows 7.  Now, we also have installed Office 2003.  Now, I need advice regarding these three options.  First, Installing Service Pack 2 for Office 2007 and the File Format Converter for 2003.  What I've noticed with this is that it resolves an issue with users being prompted when they just double-click an Office 2007 file and an Office 2003 application is executed.  The converter seems to execute the proper version for 2003 and 2007 files.  The second option is to uninstall Office 2003 and install the service pack for Office 2007.  The third option is to uninstall Office 2007 and install the converter update.  I understand that there may be issues with what we've done here; but, I need documentation to prove it.  If there are kb articles that address this issue, please provide me the link. 
    • Changed type Cloud_TS Monday, December 13, 2010 2:44 AM worng forum
    Monday, November 29, 2010 7:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Regarding the issue which is related to Office product, we have corresponding forum to support this product, I suggest you post to Office forum for further help:

Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forum

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 9:31 AM
  • Hi,

If you have any other questions about Windows 7, you could post here, we would like to help you.

Alex Zhao

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, December 6, 2010 2:11 AM