LIP for Windows Vista Spanish RRS feed

• Question

• Any ideas on how to install an LIP for Vista Home Premium? I am trying to get Windows Vista Spanish to make sense in English. Steps will be welcomed.
    Friday, August 20, 2010 3:05 PM

Answers

• I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

Please refer to Get languages for Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Please note the "Base language and edition required" section, if you want English LIP, Ultimate or Enterprise is required. As you have  Home Premium, it is not supported. Your understanding is appreciated.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 4:54 AM
  • Hi,

Please refer to Windows Anytime Upgrade: frequently asked questions. Here is the price Shop Windows 7 and Microsoft Store.

In addition, the licence key only works within the same version.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by rgidharry Thursday, August 26, 2010 3:47 AM
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 5:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

LIP for Home Premium is not offically supported.

Based on the current situation, if you prefer Spanish to be displayed in Windows Vista, you may need to choose one of the following two options:

1.    Buy a Russian copy of Windows Vista.

2.    Upgrade to Windows Vista Ultimate and then install the Spanish MUI. To upgrade from Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows Vista Ultimate, you can use Windows Anytime Upgrade. For more information about Windows Anytime Upgrade, you can refer to the following article:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/buyorupgrade/windowsanytimeupgrade/overview.mspx

Meanwhile, you can refer to this thread for more options.

Regards,

Monday, August 23, 2010 8:56 AM
  • I think you misunderstood me. I am trying to get to English. I currently have SPANISH

thanks

Monday, August 23, 2010 6:02 PM
  • I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

Please refer to Get languages for Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Please note the "Base language and edition required" section, if you want English LIP, Ultimate or Enterprise is required. As you have  Home Premium, it is not supported. Your understanding is appreciated.

Regards,

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 4:54 AM
  • Further to that, I would like to find out whether there is an additional cost for a license to upgrade to Ultimate or can I use the same Key for Spanish to install Vista in English.
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 6:54 PM
  • Hi,

Please refer to Windows Anytime Upgrade: frequently asked questions. Here is the price Shop Windows 7 and Microsoft Store.

In addition, the licence key only works within the same version.

Regards,

• Marked as answer by rgidharry Thursday, August 26, 2010 3:47 AM
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 5:43 AM