Issue with DTMF when calling a specific provider RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We are having problems with DTMF being recognized, but as far as I can tell it is only when calling one specific conference calling provider. We have a SfB 2015 server and it has a SIP trunk set up to our Cisco Call Manager and all the calls route out through the CUCM. We have a client that is using a conference calling service that won't recognize out DTMF digits once the call is connected. I tested it from both a SfB phone and through the app and the same thing happens. The calls connects successfully but once connected none of the DTMF is recognized (it isn't recognized incorrectly, it doesn't recognize we are pushing buttons). I tested the number from my cell phone and directly from our CUCM and everything works as expected from those, so the issue is only with SfB. I also tested a few other conference calling services we use and they recognize the DTMF without issue as well. So I am at a loss of where to even start. My gut says it is probably something on their end (maybe it is being too picky about the DTMF) but of course they would never admit that since we are the only people having problems with it. Any advice you could give me with would helpful. Thanks.

Monday, August 14, 2017 1:36 PM

Answers

• Apparently, the issue is on the Cisco routing side but for some reason only shows up with calls from SfB. I checked and the 866 numbers were being routed through a different route than the 877 numbers on CUCM. Once I change the 877 route to match the 866 route, the DTMF started going through. I still have no idea why it only showed up on the SfB side, but it looks to be resolved. Thanks everyone for the ideas.
    • Proposed as answer by Oleg.Kovalenko Monday, August 14, 2017 7:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Weide Monday, August 14, 2017 7:47 PM
    Monday, August 14, 2017 7:33 PM

All replies

• Hi.

Yes, Lync/Skype has issue with conference calling provider.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2254369

This is provider used not certified 3rd party GW with DTMF relay.

MCITP, MCSE. Regards, Oleg

Monday, August 14, 2017 6:03 PM
  • This isn't adding anyone to a conference, but just dialing out to join the conference. We dial into the provider and try to enter the conference code to join the conference and the DTMF is not recognized. The call isn't a conference on our end, just s straight user call.

Monday, August 14, 2017 6:27 PM
  • With not certified provider is very similar problem.

Services for Skype for Business

I hope this can help you.

Cisco H.323 Gateway and DTMF Tones Not Passed to Lync

Monday, August 14, 2017 6:38 PM
  • I juts found out something that makes it even stranger. Apparently, this is happening with any 877 number. I have tried a few different 877 numbers and none of them recognize that I am trying to pass DTMF signals. If I call from the Cisco phone, everything passes without issue, but if I call from SfB it will work fine on an 866, 800, or long distance number, but an 877 number will not recognize the DTMF tones. We have a single route for all of our SfB calls so I know the 877 numbers are not being sent differently from SfB. So I am really at a loss now.
    Monday, August 14, 2017 7:02 PM
  • Ok.

Can you check routing for number 800,866 and 877? Maybe is something different?

Monday, August 14, 2017 7:12 PM
  • Apparently, the issue is on the Cisco routing side but for some reason only shows up with calls from SfB. I checked and the 866 numbers were being routed through a different route than the 877 numbers on CUCM. Once I change the 877 route to match the 866 route, the DTMF started going through. I still have no idea why it only showed up on the SfB side, but it looks to be resolved. Thanks everyone for the ideas.
    • Proposed as answer by Oleg.Kovalenko Monday, August 14, 2017 7:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Weide Monday, August 14, 2017 7:47 PM
    Monday, August 14, 2017 7:33 PM