ProClarity Grids not shown in IE8 RRS feed

• Question

• I am using ProClarity Version 6.3.129.200

In IE8, when I select the views/reports from the Briefing book which contains grids, there is a javascript error in pbDiv.js which is a javascript file of the ProClarity itself. The javascript error says " Invalid argument". When i run my application in the debug mode, the breakpoint hits a method called "PBDivClipTo" in pbDiv.js and one of its parameter has value "NaN". I guess this is the reason why the javascript error says "Invalid argument". The method is given below.

function PBDivClipTo(t,r,b,l)
    {
       if (t==null) t = this.ClipValues('t');
       if (r==null) r = this.ClipValues('r');
       if (b==null) b = this.ClipValues('b');
       if (l==null) l = this.ClipValues('l');
       this.css.clip = "rect("+t+"px "+r+"px "+b+"px "+l+"px)";
    }

There is no such problem in IE7 and IE8 Compatibility mode. Is there any fixes for this problem by the Microsoft or ProClarity is not supported in IE8 and higher versions. Any help would be great help.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 3:28 AM

All replies

• There are ways of fixing this, by going in a debugging and then tweaking the javascript code. Unfortunately this problem is even worse in IE9  - where there are some serious compatability issues with PAS thin client.

Frankly, Microsoft has deprecated this product and is going to stop official support for PAS at the end of 2011.

If I were you, I'd take a look at the new products that have surfaced recently to take over from Proclarity. For example check out Pyramid Analytics. Their application (which is completed web based and feels like a modern version of Proclarity) leaves PAS in the dust as a thin client and possibly represents a welcomed upgrade to the desktop version as well!

If you prefer something completely different to ProClarity try Panorama - although I think its fairly unintuitive and quite ugly.

snap

Sunday, May 8, 2011 8:08 AM