locked
SharePoint alerts are been sent an hour earlier RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    Ever since the clock has gone back on Sunday, the SharePoint alerts are been sent a hour earlier. I've checked the time zone of the servers,web applications/central admin and all seem to be ok. The time zone of the user system is also correct.

    What could be the possible resolution for this?

    Regards,

    Shipra Sharma

    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:03 PM

All replies

  • Which version of SharePoint are you using?

    Which timezone are the servers in?

    Which timezone are the users who are receiving the alerts in?


    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:49 PM
  • I'm assuming that you're British, or at least European?  And that you're on WSS 3.0 or MOSS?  There's a few things that you can try here.

    1. Check the job-immediate-alerts timerjob.  You can use STSADM from the Hive/12 to check this.  The commands is below and can be referenced in full here.  If the value isn't between 0-59, then you can reset it with the second command below.
    2. Check out some of the suggestions in this thread.  There's links to various SharePoint PS / STSADM scripts there you can read around on.

    stsadm.exe -o getproperty -url http://ProblemSite  -pn job-immediate-alerts
    stsadm.exe -o setproperty -pn job-immediate-alerts -pv "every 5 minutes between 0 and 59" -url http://ProblemSite  
    


    Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:14 AM
    Answerer
  • Hello,

    Thanks for your response. I've tried this command with immediate alerts which works fine in the sense it sjows the value between 0 and 59. But when I try this command with daily alerts, the property value says 'No'. Could that be a problem? As this is a daily alert which is coming an hour earlier. And also with any alert that I set now, it works fine. It seems to be affecting the daily alerts that were set before the clock time changed.

    Can clearing the timer cache be helpful in this scenario?

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards,

    Shipra Sharma

    Thursday, October 31, 2013 9:14 AM
  • Hi Jason,

    The version of SharePoint is MOSS 2007 and the servers are in britain time zone and the users belong to the same time zone as well.

    This is only happening with the alerts that were set before the clock change. I've tested by creating enw alerts and they are working absolutely fine.

    Regards,

    Shipra Sharma

    Thursday, October 31, 2013 9:17 AM
  • I'm seeing the same issue on SharePoint 2010.  The servers are in Pacific zone, and checked the time zone settings as well.  The alters are set to come through if changes in a library at 3pm, delivered at 2pm.  Checked alert setting and it does still say 3.  Server is correct time zone, and so it setting in Site Settings\Regional Settings. 

    Alerts were setup before time change. 

    Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:24 PM