Does Outlook 2016 support mobile sync ? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem with setting up an emailadress (the hosting company supplies a service for e-mail with EAS active synk (mobile sync), but it is not a "real" Exchange service).
    I'm trying to set up this e-mail account in Outlook 2016 on a PC with Windows 10 and when I do (I didn't get any error messages, but in the process when you test the account, the test only log in on the server but does not send from the server). As I described no error messages everything looks like it is fine.

When starting Outlook a message has arrived (testmessage from Outlook) and everything looks OK, but after the syncronization of the account Outlook just shuts down. When starting Outlook again nothing has been synced and Outlook shuts down again but after a couple of minutes Outlooks starts again (by itself) just to shut down again. Something is clearly wrong, the hosting company says that it is a problem within Outlook.

Does anyone recognize this ? or do you have any input that helps me to take the next step in the right direction.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 8:16 AM

All replies

• Hi CaR_ITCO,

First of all, I'd advise you to check if Office has got the latest updates. You can also consider casting an online repair for Office.

If the problem persists, you can create a new Outlook profile afterwards:

• Close Outlook.
    • Go to Control Panel, search Mail, and select it.
    • Once the Mail Setup dialog box opens, click Show Profiles, and then click Add.
    • Type a name for the profile, and then click OK.

Try to add your account again by following the directions on your screen.

If none of these do the trick, please follow the steps below. Before you modify registry, take a back up for restoration in case any problems occur.

• Close all Office applications.
    • Start Registry Editor (regedit.exe).
    • Locate and then select the following key:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Setup\
    • On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
    • Type EnableEASAccountCreation, and then press Enter.
    • In the Details pane, right-click EnableEASAccountCreation, and then click Modify.
    • In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
    • Exit Registry Editor.

The registry will look like this:

After that, restart your computer and try again. If it doesn't help, you can go delete that newly-created value from registry, and post back the results here.

Regards,
    Burak V.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 12:09 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the suggestions of Burak was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 2:56 AM