none
Configure DHCP scope options for migrated and and non migrated machines (DHCP 2012 R2) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are in phase of migrating clients from on domain to another lets say acb.com to xyz.com, I need to keep the DHCP scopes (DNS server, WPAD, DNS domain name) options for abc.com clients until they migrate to xyz.com. I was trying the DHCP policy based on FQDN but seem this will only allow me to select DDNS options! Currently, I am using two DHCP servers were  acb.com clients IP from DHCP1 and xyz.com client gets IP from DHCP2 based on Allow/Deny rules. 

Is there any other better way I can achieve this?

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 10:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Saleem,

You could try to configure NAP for DHCP scope, and enter Machine groups in conditions.

Please check picture below to understand it:

And here is link for how to deploy NAP for DHCP scope for your reference, and you could follow it to configure NAP on windows server 2012 R2:

Configuring Custom NPS Policies Per DHCP scope

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/teamdhcp/2008/05/28/configuring-custom-nps-policies-per-dhcp-scope/

Best Regards

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by John Lii Monday, February 27, 2017 9:13 AM
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 2:46 AM
  • Hi Saleem,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 27, 2017 9:13 AM